Trip 1

Trip 2

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

DISNEYLAND: Last weekend for Carnation Plaza Gardens

DISNEYLAND: Last weekend for Carnation Plaza Gardens

I was saddened to read this news just now. I've been visiting this Plaza since I was a very young girl. I remember dancing on the dance floor with my sister to live swing and jazz bands while our tired parents looked on. I played in my high school marching band in this pavilion. We marched through the park and ended up at the Plaza and performed three or four songs in the middle of the day. When my niece was five I swing danced with her here to a live band one night in December, way after her bedtime. Just a fat week ago, my husband and sleeping son and I strolled to visit it after midnight closing. We were the only people in that part of the park, or at least it felt like it. I did not realize it would be closing. If I had, I would have danced.





1 comment:

  1. I find this haunting. But then are not all good memories haunting. Way back then I remember hot days and a place to sit and eat ice cream in the shade. I remember the bands and music. Your mom found the rest behind the door with the D in the middle (top picture). This trip we walked right by it and I thought it will be there next trip. I have viewed about half of the home movies and so far no Carnation Plaza yet. In my minds eye I can see you dancing the night away one more time at the Carnation Plaza Gardens.

    ReplyDelete